Dana Point, CA, February 7, 2014 – Mercury Cable & Energy (“Mercury”), the leading developer of High Voltage Composite Reinforced Conductors (“HVCRC”) for electrical transmission lines, is pleased to announce that its international affiliate has signed a multi-year supply and distribution agreement with PT Citra Mahasurya Industries (“Citra Cable”). Under the terms of the agreement, Citra Cable will manufacture and sell Mercury’s HVCRC product line in Indonesia. Currently, Citra Cable is undergoing final certification with the state electrical utility of Indonesia (PT PLN) qualifying HVCRC Conductor with the aluminum stranding manufactured in their plant in Serang. Upon completion of their PLN certification Citra Cable in conjunction with Mercury Cable will commence the sale and manufacture of HVCRC Conductors for the Indonesia electrical transmission market.
“We are pleased to begin our relationship with Citra Cable”, said Ron Morris, CEO of Mercury. “Indonesia is a rapidly developing transmission market and, as a leading supplier of wire and cable products for Indonesia, Citra Cable is excellent addition for the production, sales and marketing of Mercury’s HVCRC products into the Indonesia market.”
Citra Cable, located in Jakarta, Indonesia is a market leader in the development, design, manufacture, marketing and distribution of wire and cable products for the Indonesia electrical energy markets. For additional information please visit the Citra Cable website at wwwcitracable.com
Mercury Cable & Energy is a privately held developer of High Voltage Composite Reinforced Conductors (HVCRC), Smart Conductors for the Smart Grid. The patented HVCRC Smart Conductor is superior to existing conductors in a number of key performance areas including:
• Up to double the current carrying capacity of ACSR
• Substantially reduces high temperature sag
• Requires fewer structures for new line construction
• Increases capacity of existing rights of way and structures through retrofitting
• Eliminates bimetallic corrosion
• Significantly reduces line losses compared to same diameter conventional and composite conductors at equal operating temperatures For additional information please visit our web site at www.mercurycable.com.
Mercury Cable & Energy