Dana Point, CA, June 4, 2014 – Mercury Cable & Energy (“Mercury”), the leading developer of High Voltage Composite Reinforced Conductors (“HVCRC”) for electrical transmission lines, is pleased to announce that it has completed the production and installation for a pilot project using Drake HVCRC Conductor in Korea. The transmission project was the first joint project between Mercury Cable and LS Cable & System and is being used by Korean Electric Power Corporation (KEPCO) to evaluate high performance conductors. The installation was completed and the line was placed into service for KEPCO in South Korea on May 31, 2014.
“We are pleased to complete this project with LS Cable”, said Ron Morris, CEO of Mercury. “As a global leader in the manufacture of wire and cable products, LS Cable is an ideal fit for the introduction of Mercury’s HVCRC products into the Korean market.”
LS Cable & System, headquartered in Gyeonbuk, Korea, is a global leader in the development, design, manufacture, marketing and distribution of wire and cable products for the energy, industrial, and communications markets. For additional information please visit the LS Cable website at www.lscns.com/
Mercury Cable & Energy is a privately held developer of High Voltage Composite Reinforced Conductors (HVCRC), Smart Conductors for the Smart Grid. The patented HVCRC Smart Conductor is superior to existing conductors in a number of key performance areas including:
• Up to double the current carrying capacity of ACSR
• Substantially reduces high temperature sag
• Requires fewer structures for new line construction
• Increases capacity of existing rights of way and structures through retrofitting
• Eliminates bimetallic corrosion
• Significantly reduces line losses compared to same diameter conventional and composite conductors at equal operating temperatures
For additional information please visit our web site at www.mercurycable.com.
Mercury Cable & Energy