Dana Point, CA, February 4, 2014 – Mercury Cable & Energy (“Mercury”), the leading developer of High Voltage Composite Reinforced Conductors (“HVCRC”) for electrical transmission lines, is pleased to announce that its international affiliate has signed a multi-year agreement with PT TrankaKabel (“TrankaKabel”). Under the terms of the agreement, TrankaKabel will manufacture and sell Mercury’s HVCRC product line in Indonesia.
“We are pleased to begin our relationship with TrankaKabel”, said Ron Morris, CEO of Mercury. “As an industry leader in the manufacture of wire and cable products for Indonesia, TrankaKabel is an ideal fit for the introduction of Mercury’s HVCRC products into the Indonesia market.”
PT TrankaKabel, headquartered in Depok, Indonesia is a market leader in the development, design, manufacture, marketing and distribution of wire and cable products for the energy and communications markets. For additional information please visit the TrankaKabel website at www.trankakabel.com
Mercury Cable & Energy is a privately held developer of High Voltage Composite Reinforced Conductors (HVCRC), Smart Conductors for the Smart Grid. The patented HVCRC Smart Conductor is superior to existing conductors in a number of key performance areas including:
• Up to double the current carrying capacity of ACSR
• Substantially reduces high temperature sag
• Requires fewer structures for new line construction
• Increases capacity of existing rights of way and structures through retrofitting
• Eliminates bimetallic corrosion
• Significantly reduces line losses compared to same diameter conventional and composite conductors at equal operating temperatures
For additional information please visit our web site at www.mercurycable.com.
Mercury Cable & Energy